Pay a statement of offense

Have you received a statement of offense?

You have 30 days to pay the fine indicated on a statement of offense from the City of Percé. You must use the response form attached to the statement to send us your plea.

Payment can be made:

By mail, by sending your check or money order, made payable to VILLE DE PERCÉ at the following address:

City of Percé
137 Route 132 West, PO Box 99
Percé (Quebec) G0C 2L0


Please take into account the mailing delay to ensure that the City of Percé is able to collect your payment within a maximum of 30 days following service of the report.

In person, by going to the town hall, at 137 route 132 Ouest in Percé, according to our regular opening hours, below:

Monday to Thursday 8:15 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.

By transmitting the full amount of the fine and costs claimed, without having entered a plea, you are deemed to have transmitted a guilty plea and a judgment is deemed to be rendered upon receipt of this payment.

Plea of not guilty

To plead not guilty, you must complete the response form attached to the statement, taking care to indicate your contact details (especially if you have changed your address since the date of the statement) and check the appropriate box not guilty. Send everything to the return address indicated on the response form.

If you have pleaded not guilty, you will receive a notice of hearing from the Percé courthouse indicating the place, date and time of your trial. If you cannot attend by this date, quickly find out from the Percé courthouse about the possibility of requesting a postponement.

At the end of the trial, if you are found guilty, additional fees may apply.

Failure to pay the transmission of a plea

By not transmitting the plea or the payment of the fine and costs requested within 30 days of the service of the report, you are deemed to have transmitted a plea of not guilty or you are deemed not to contest the prosecution. In these cases, a default judgment will be rendered and costs under the Judicial Tariff in criminal matters will be added to the fine and to the initial costs of the report.

Retraction of judgment

If a default judgment has been rendered against you and you have not been able to present your defense for a serious reason, you can request that the judgment be revoked.

This request must be presented to the Percé courthouse within 15 days of becoming aware of the judgment, with some exceptions. Additional charges apply. If the request is successful, you will be entitled to a trial and will be able to present your defense against the finding.
For details, check with the Percé courthouse.